Bandai Namco announced the exact date of open beta tests for Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Ball FighterZ. If you have the latest Nintendo console, you'll have the opportunity to try the game from August 10 at 13:00 JST (04:00 UTC, August 9 at 21:00 PDT) to August 13 at 16:00 JST (07:00 UTC, August 12 at 0:00 PDT).
The following 23 characters and features will be available during the open beta period:
- Android 16
- Android 18
- Captain Ginyu
- Gohan (Teen)
- Gohan (Adult)
- Goku (Super Saiyan)
- Goku (SSGSS)
- Goku Black
- Kid Buu
- Majin Buu
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
- Vegeta (SSGSS)
- "Extreme Type" Control Scheme (New Feature) – Switch between the standard and “Extreme Type” control schemes that allows you to unleash special moves with easy inputs. This can be changed at any time from the character select screen.
- Arena Match – Directly battle against players in the same lobby in one-versus-one matches on the arena.
- Replay Channel – Watch your replay videos. While watching, you can stick Z-Stamps wherever you like in the video.
- Circle Match – Create a circle in the lobby and recruit players to enjoy battles with players in that group.
- Circle Party Match – A battle mode where the six players recruited in a Circle Match all participate in the same battle.
The Switch version also adds new local multiplayer features like one-versus-one and two-versus-two matches, as well as an offline six-player matches. Dragon Ball FighterZ will be released for Nintendo Switch on September 27 in Japan, and on September 28 in Americas and Europe.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is a 2.5D fighting game that uses a three-vs-three team battle system. Developed by Arc System Works, has been released by Bandai Namco for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in February 2018. You can find more information about Dragon Ball FighterZ in our encyclopedia.